https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Truth About (our) Cats And Dogs



This cat has actually earned this nap. You will notice Claire Bear is sleeping on hay. Mostly you would only find hay in our barn. Where the barn cats are supposed to live.



This cat looks like he might be working. He's not. Eli's only thinking about fishing.



Or taking a nap with Comby. On the porch.



Me and the boys (Keebs and GL) and Hank were laying out in the pasture the other night. Graham Lamb and I can only find two constellations, but we keep trying. Hank was completely cashed out. I assumed he was sleeping so sound because he knew I was out there covering his shift. However, I heard the smallest strange noise off in the distance and WHAM, he was up and giving it 'what for'.

I'm glad that Hank is on duty around here. And thanks to (only) Claire Bear, there are no mice in our barn.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for Claire Bear - at least one of your kitties is working for a living! Mine spends her time curled up in a corner of the recliner....

Nancy in Iowa

Alice said...

Would this be the Female cat doing all the work? She has earned her nap indeed!
Hank was just teasing you. He probably has better ears asleep than people do awake.

Dana and Daisy said...

I'm so glad Comby has Eli as a friend. I was worried he would be a loner after his bestest canine companion passed.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet story. I'm seriously thinking about a playmate for Bella. :)

Shula said...

Those are some very happy and content looking animals. Claire Bear is super cute.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I wouldn't mind coming back as one of your pets.

Kathy said...

Well, sounds like you need to come visit us to do some stargazing! We have clear skies, even with the interstate in view of the house. One of my favorite things is to sit outside and just embrace all the magic when the stars do come out. Want to join me?
We can start off with a visit to Lowell Observatory and have a glimpse through the telescope Percival Lowell used in his research of Mars.
Keeb and GL can come too, by all means. I suspect Hank won't come as he's too dedicated to his work.

Denise said...

Oh how lucky these cats are to have found you! Your photographs are always lovely....and so happy to hear about Hank and how great he is doing at his new job. I've a young friend who lives nearby with a herd of dairy goats. I worry for their safety and he is starting to also because of coyotes. He is considering a GP, had bad luck in the past...but I think it was a bad match. So you do have to get the "right" dog with the proper temperament. I hope he can find a "Hank" for his kids.

Tammy said...

I'm not sure how effective the 'barn/breezeway/yard/' cats are, but they sure haven't been eating much dry OR canned food lately, and when I pick them up they are so fat they can't hardly wiggle. Makes me think they might be (secretly) doing their jobs. Glad that Hank is doing his job, even when he is asleep.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

gotta do the chores ... then nappy time... very sweet

gp

WildBlack said...

Cute :D The photo of the cats sleeping(so comfortable)in the couch, makes me feel sleepy, feel like crashing down on to my pillow *Yawn*
Lucky comby :(

DayPhoto said...

What good animals! I just love visiting with the one and all.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Ed said...

Fantastic shot of Eli on the fence..:-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin